Chapter 2 Duties
The duties of fishermen associations are as the follows:
(1) To safeguard fishermen’s rights and interests, to disseminate fisheries laws and regulations, and to mediate fisheries related disputes.
(2) To conduct fisheries improvement and promotion.
(3) To operate in coordination to conduct fishermen rescue for sea disasters and other incidents
(4) To accept commission to propagate the gathering location of fishery stocks, fishery meteorology and establish communication among fishing vessels.
(5) To assist with the establishment and management of fishing port facilities, or navigation safety facilities and fishery signs in the exclusive fishing zones.
(6) To conduct the import, export, processing, refrigeration, transportation, marketing, and whole sales at place of origin and consumption of aquatic products, and the operation of retail market.
(7) To conduct the import, export, processing, manufacture, transportation and marketing of the materials for fisheries, and the maintenance and building of fishing vessels, and the supply and marketing of goods for daily use of members.
(8) To assist with the establishment and management of foreign fishing bases and related international fisheries cooperation.
(9) To conduct financial business for members.
(10) To conduct business on culture, medical treatment and sanitation, welfare, relief and social service for fisheries villages.
(11) To promote auxiliary occupation in fisheries villages, and to guide and assist fishermen to increase production and improve livelihood.
(12) To promote fisheries villages and fisheries cooperative businesses.
(13) To assist with the development of fisheries villages and to accept commission to help members for building residence.
(14) To operate in coordination for fishermen group training and to provide the assistance related to coastal defense and security.
(15) To operate in coordination to conduct aquatic resource conservation and to provide the assistance related to prevention of water pollution in fishing harbors and fishing areas.
(16) To accept commission to conduct fisheries related insurance business and to provide the assistance related to fishermen insurance.
(17) To accept commission from the government or public/ private organizations.
(18) To conduct fishing village and fishing harbor tours, and recreational fisheries.
(19) Other business specially approved by the competent authorities.
(20) When conducting business as referred to in the preceding paragraph with respect to exemption of duty, fishermen associations shall refer to relevant provisions stipulated in the Agricultural Development Act and the Cooperatives Act. The range of exemption of duty shall be set by the Executive Yuan.
Fishermen associations shall include duties, as referred to in paragraph 1, to be carried out into the annual plan.
A fishermen association, while carrying out duty as stipulated in paragraph 1, sub-paragraph (9) of the preceding article, shall comply with the provisions of Agricultural Finance Act.
A fishermen association, while accepting commission to conduct fisheries related insurance business and providing the assistance related to fishermen insurance as stipulated in paragraph 1, sub-paragraph (16) of the preceding article, may establish the insurance department.
Fishermen associations at all levels, for the purpose of making major investment for conducting business as referred to in Article 4, paragraph 1, may jointly invest in company limited by shares in accordance with the provisions of the Company Act, after jointly applied by at least two fishermen associations to the central competent authority and the permission so granted. The rules and regulations governing the capital contribution and investment examination and approval will be separately prescribed by the central competent authority.